Zcash is a cryptocurrency aimed at using cryptography to provide enhanced privacy for its users compared to other cryptocurrencies such as Bitcoin, the code used for Zcash is ZEC and at the time of writing 1 ZEC was equal to $245 approximately.
ZEC uses a mining algorithm known as EquiHash that is also used by Bitcoin Gold and Bitcoin private and is only minable by GPU’s, it is also minable by CPU but is useless as there is no profitable earning ming ZEC using CPU’s.
The mining rig setup is same as of Monero etc and the mining software can be Claymore (for AMD cards) or DSTM miner, Bminer, or EWBF miner (for Nvidia cards). EquiHash algorithm mostly uses Nvidia Cards.
We will list some of the best mining hardware that can be used for mining ZEC.
GTX 1080 Ti
- Price: $900 – $1,150
- Hash Rate: 700 H/s – 800 H/s
- Power Usage: 200 W– 280 W
- Price Efficiency: 1.125 $/H– 1.64 $/H
- Power Efficiency: 0.25 W/H – 0.4 W/H
- Price: $620 – $670
- Hash Rate: 510 H/s – 620 H/s
- Power Usage: 180W – 210 W
- Price Efficiency: 1 $/H – 1.31 $/H
- Power Efficiency: 0.29 W/H – 0.41 W/H
GTX 1070 Ti
- Price: $520 – $600
- Hash Rate: 500 H/s – 550 H/s
- Power Usage: 110W – 200 W
- Price Efficiency: 0.95 $/H – 1.43 $/H
- Power Efficiency: 0.2 W/H – 0.4 W/H
- Price: $400- $600
- Hash Rate: 420 H/s – 520 H/s
- Power Usage: 145 W – 210 W
- Price Efficiency: 0.77 $/H – 1.43 $/H
- Power Efficiency: 0.28 W/H – 0.5 W/H
AMD Vega 56/64
- Price: $750 – $800 / $850 – $1200
- Hash Rate: 440 H/s – 515 H/s
- Power Usage: 140 W – 170 W
- Price Efficiency: 1.46 $/H – 2.7 $/H
- Power Efficiency: 0.27 W/H – 0.386 W/H
These are the best GPU hardware we can give information about, but the most important factor is that AMD cards are not better for the EquiHash algorithm and the power supply required for these type of hardware can be clumsy and hard to manage.
- 10 Best Cryptocurrencies in April 2021
- 50 Best Cryptocurrencies in April 2021
- 100 Best Cryptocurrencies in April 2021
- 200 Best Cryptocurrencies in April 2021
- 250+ Best Cryptocurrencies in April 2021
Disclaimer: All content provided on Madeforbitcoin.com, hyperlinked sites, associated applications, forums, blogs, social media accounts and other platforms (“Site”) is for your general information only, procured primarily from third party sources. We don’t give warranties of any kind in relation to our content and services (such as token swap functionalities). Any use or reliance on our content and services is solely at your own risk and discretion. Be advised, please conduct your own research, review, analyze and verify our content and services before relying on or using them. Trading is a highly risky activity that can lead to major losses, please, therefore, consult your financial advisor before making any decision.