The origin of bitcoin mining was USB miners which was performed on Computers and Laptops but as the value grew everyday the Developers started more expensive and earn able methods using GPU’s by which earning increase as hash rates increased.
In fact the first bitcoin mining device was originally a USB stick which appeared in 2013 names as Block Erupter Saphire.
Mining with USB Miners
The current bitcoin GPU miners are heavily equipped Box size Devices which consume more electricity are Hot and Noisy but have better Hash-rate and earn more.
While the original idea was USB miners or stick miners which were not really like modern day miners at all so these were able to get plugged into a Laptop or a CPU but were completely non profitable and did not have that result at all.
These miners were able to mine Bitcoin and all SHA-256 coins, including Bitcoin Cash,Name coin,Maza Coin,Peer Coin, Tiger Coin,Joule Coin,Unbreakable,e-Mark , A-Coin,Terra Coin,Crown,Unobtanium.
SHA-256 coins are those crypto currencies that are based on POW (Proof of Work) algorithm.
Advantages of USB Miners
- The biggest advantage is that they don’t need an external power supply or a separate internet connection and can be connected into your PC or laptops.
- They are fairly good in terms of Heat as modern miners need external cooling expensive in order to stay efficient in terms of output.
- Less sound makers as compared to GPU.
- No Space required and are portable.
- Cheapest with regards to GPU miners and are as low as 12 to 13 dollars second hand.
- Multiple USB miners can be attached to a single computer.
Disadvantages of USB Miners
- The only drawbacks are that these miners are out dated and have low or no profit as compared to modern day miners and can be used for educational purpose for new comers or as memorandum of Bitcoin.
- However to match a good hash-rate you have to spend to much for getting results of a single GPU miner.
USB Miners Available Today
Block Erupter Saphire
If you want to do mining for education or experimental purposes Block Erupter Saphire are available on eBay with new cost as much as $35 and second hand cost almost 20$.
The given Hash rate is 333 MH/s.
Bitmain’s Antminer U1
With Respect to Hash rates Bitmain’s Antimer U1 is slightly better then outdated Block Erupter Saphire and can be found on eBay from price as low as $12 for second hand.
The GekkoScience 2Pac Stickminer
This USB stick miner is the most powerful USB miner ever made with Hash Rate of 15 GH/s mining capability.
If you are looking to earn a small number of alternative coins then this Miner will be the best choice for you but it does not mine any profitable bitcoin but can mine Ethereum,Lite-coin etc which is a good sign.
This Miner uses 2 BM1384 chips Made by Bitmain but the miner is produced by GekkoScience company and for reaching maximum mining capabilities you have to manually alter the frequency and consuming powers.
The price is almost as the price of Saphire and U1 and can be found on both Amazon and eBay starting from $30.
As we stated these miners are for educational or experimental purposes and can be useful for students or miners who are new in this field and want to have a know-how of mining as doing experiments from a full stack GPU miner is fairly expensive and can be risky for new comers.
How ever to earn a little bit from alternative coins you can buy 2 PAC in large volumes for getting as good results as a GPU miner with less consuming powers and heat production by these stick miners.
- 10 Best Cryptocurrencies in July 2021
- 50 Best Cryptocurrencies in July 2021
- 100 Best Cryptocurrencies in July 2021
- 200 Best Cryptocurrencies in July 2021
- 250+ Best Cryptocurrencies in July 2021
Disclaimer: All content provided on Madeforbitcoin.com, hyperlinked sites, associated applications, forums, blogs, social media accounts and other platforms (“Site”) is for your general information only, procured primarily from third party sources. We don’t give warranties of any kind in relation to our content and services (such as token swap functionalities). Any use or reliance on our content and services is solely at your own risk and discretion. Be advised, please conduct your own research, review, analyze and verify our content and services before relying on or using them. Trading is a highly risky activity that can lead to major losses, please, therefore, consult your financial advisor before making any decision.